HRS Communities is intended to serve as a useful and productive tool for working and learning together. We ask each participant to agree to the following as a condition for participation:
- I will behave responsibly and respectfully towards all members of the HRS Communities, respecting their values and viewpoints as well as their rights and feelings.
- I understand that the site is not intended to be used as a marketing tool to promote industry products or services. Unsolicited or repeated posts which promote products or services will be removed.
- I acknowledge that individuals listed in the directories have not consented to the use of their contact information for solicitation or spam. Contact information may not, in whole or in part, be reproduced; copied; disseminated; entered into a computer database; or used as part of or in connection with the preparation, revision or confirmation of a mailing, telephone, fax, email, or other marketing list.
- I understand that information posted within the HRS Communities and group email by individual users are the responsibility of the individual(s) posting such information.
- I understand that the contents of this site and the emails sent via group email are protected by copyright under international conventions. The reproduction or re-transmission of the contents of the HRS Communities and its group email is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Society.
- I recognize that the United States (US) Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) requires that a patient's identity and personal health information be protected. It is illegal to release any and all identifiable health information about a patient without that patient's consent (including pictures with identifying information).
- I recognize that the Society intends for the HRS Communities to be fully HIPAA-compliant and that non-US members are expected to follow HIPAA guidelines while using the online community service. Any post that violates the HIPAA privacy requirements will be subject to removal. Any member who submits such a post shall bear the full legal responsibility associated with the breach and may be removed from the community.
- I acknowledge that in the event the Society believes a HIPAA violation has occurred, it shall have the right, but not the obligation, to notify such persons and take actions it deems appropriate to mitigate the harmful effects of such violation.
- I understand that every member of the HRS Communities is entering into this same agreement and that we all have a stake in seeing that it is observed and enforced. My behavior towards other members of this community will reflect that I am abiding by this agreement.
- I acknowledge that if HRS concludes that I have repeatedly and willfully violated this agreement, my rights to participate in the HRS Communities can be suspended or terminated.
- I acknowledge that disclosures, positions and opinions posted in the HRS Communities are those of its members and do not necessarily represent the views, positions or opinions of the Society. I will not hold the Society responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect information posted on HRS Communities by members.
- I understand that it is important to disclose my potential conflicts of interest during discussions, including if I am employed or compensated by an organization that I discuss. [Added February 2, 2018]
If you believe a post is inappropriate, please visit the FAQ section on how you can report it: https://communities.hrsonline.org/participate/faq#inappropriate